It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 39 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 64

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:01 pm 

The pistols I'm mainly referring to are the revolvers. The Webley, the Colt, etc - all of them seem to have horrible accuracy, both standing still and moving. All the pistols in general also seem to have terrible bullet velocity. Regardless of historical accuracy, it's nearly impossible to actually hit anything with them unless they're literally in your face. Also, rifles aren't too far off from that running accuracy - in the game, it's all the same - can't hit anything while moving. The .455 of the Webley won't do much if you can't hit anything. :P If you want a good example of a decent pistol in the vanilla game, the Desert Eagle is one of them.

By the way, when I said "copied the weapon stats," I was referring to the rifles. They still have laser-like accuracy that really isn't needed in a world full of bolt-action rifles. The pistols had their own paragraph, no?

Oh, and I caught your cheat on how to get the AI to use pistols; they're primary weapons that disappear immediately upon being dropped - nearly the same way I did it in mod. :)

For the tutorial on the RWR voxel editor, it's pretty much all from experience. Use it, fail hard enough, enough times and it'll catch on. As for the faster bolting cycle (if that's what you were referring to), I did explain it there. In my WWII mod, I've got what I explained in the soldier_animations.xml file, named "fast cycle, bolt action" if you need the example.

Speaking of the bolt action bug, I've actually never witnessed that while playing any other mod. Not my mod, not Master Blasters (both of which have a good amount of bolt-action rifles). So it's something on your end.

EDIT:
Two final notes, about the bunker deploy and gas call-in. I've placed down a few of these things, but the AI never seems to man it. Not sure why they don't, might have something to do with the hitbox. About the gas artillery, it's pretty much useless in my experience. Sure, it's nice eye candy, but the two field gun shots are really the only things that seem to do anything. The smoke also wrecks FPS. :P

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:31 pm 

I will immediately investigate the bolting animation problem in cover, as well as look into getting different bolt speeds for the guns. Currently they all use the default Sniper animations and the Soldier Anims are not modified at all; I wonder why this issue is occurring.

Bunkers can be manned by AI (I've seen it and died from it) and in the past I did reduce the time for AI to search for nearby Vehicles (which should allow them to find them more often.)

As to the Gas Barrage, I do agree it is not very useful (unless you have like 30 enemies behind the same cover) and I may reduce the time it takes for it to arrive. I do understand it has performance issues for certain machines; I may reduce the number of 'clouds' and in turn raise their size to compensate. Thanks for the feedback.

I am still happy with the Pistols. The ones you unlock later on are very effective. Their range is basically 'half' the screen; that is, if the end of your screen is your maximum range, the Pistols are better within roughly half of that. If you can close that distance you can start Running and Gunning with them. This is most effectively done with a mid / late unlock Pistol, Body Armour, and Grenades. I don't want Pistols to be a replacement for the Rifle; and Rifles need to have the accuracy advantage at longer distances.

Also I have been considering various melee trench weapons (clubs etc), which would give the player a slight speed boost when equipped.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:38 pm 

Ah, the Verdun days. The days where I walked upon the corpses of my enemies, with knife in hand, charging more down with foam at my mouth and a mind to shank them. Ah, the good old days...

For the gas, if anything I'd suggest that you vastly increase the radius of the gas itself and make it last a bit longer. I did try running into the gas (to check if it actually worked) and promptly got killed, but that was within an absolutely tiny radius.

Well, if you're going to implement new melee weapons, I'd be happy to make some animations. I do have some older melee animations from a medieval mod I created a few months ago, but don't count on the quality of those. You can use them as a substitute for the time being, though, if you are going through with that melee weapons plan.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:41 pm 

Yea, that'd be cool :) At the moment I'm also assessing Master Blaster's animations to see why they crash online games but not offline. I'll be posting a fix to his thread once I have it.

Edit:

Hmm, this is the error I'm getting.

20:33:51: : CHECK: character animation index not found, size=135 index=-127

Also, it seems the bolting animation bug is not caused by me. I tried some regular RWR, grabbed an M24.. and the issue is there in the un-modded game. It seems if you are crouched behind cover, and try to 'duck' immediately after firing your shot, your character will bolt his Rifle twice (and you will also hear it bolt twice in the regular game since the sound is tied to the animation <in Trench Foot i remove that sound, since my bolting sounds are 'baked' into the Firing sounds.>)

Hopefully Pasik or another Dev sees this post. The issue is 100% reproducible, but if it seems difficult to understand, I can record a short video of it.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:15 am 

By the way, I get a crash while going into Black Gold Estuary in the campaign. Probably relates to the on-map Humvees or it's weapon, no idea.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:10 am 

Hmm, i managed to play a mission on it previously.. does the log say anything?

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:47 pm 

It's the Humvee's main gun, as I expected. Not listed in the, "invasion_all_weapons.xml" Just added it there and the mission works fine, albeit with humvees.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:57 pm 

Hmm Humvees should've been disabled... are you playing 1.82? I managed to get to Black Gold a second time and still didn't crash

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:59 pm 

I've released 1.83 with some fixes (which also includes the Humvee MG weapon in the lists just to be sure.)

Edit: now released 1.85, which includes a new secret weapon for campaign only, and some other minor fixes. Check those weapon crates! Hint: this one replaces the XM-25 crates.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:06 am 

Seems as if the campaign is a bit screwed up. There's three vests available: Body Armor, Vest Type III, and Camouflage Suit, and no Officer Armor or Veteran Armor. Might want to fix that, especially since you respawn with the Vest Type III and it costs 150 RP.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next