It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:11 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 45

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:14 am 

Given that the majority of mods here are gunning on realism, almost-roguelike challenge or 'groundedness', I just noticed this place kind of have this void space, labeled 'ludicrous power-fantasy' with almost nobody to occupy it. This mod adds a collection of weapons that, first I personally love, and second, most are clearly sourced/referenced/took from various fictional mediums. Very few of them are based from real ones, and the rest are based from various, popular 'fictional weapons'. You might noticed though, most of them stems from Sci-fi or action genres. Also, in the spirit of 'fictional weaponry', I further used the 'A.K.A.47' trope and further changed each guns' actual name. Another is including a mode that really puts the player first, a simple 'sandbox' gameplay.

To download, click on the " RWRCmod.zip " link, located at the bottom of this post (just right below the mod screenshot).

For installation, simply extract the folder in the overlays directory of RWR, then activate it in the game. For further info, there's a 'readme.txt' included just inside the mod folder.

Okay, so here's the list of the weapons featured in this here mod!
Coltstone M3
- Weapon source unnamed. A visually modified 'AR-15'.
In-Game function: standard assault rifle
Notably Featured: 'Doom' movie

DaListe .38
- The 'DeLisle'. A short-range, bolt-action stealth carbine from Britain.
In-Game function: slow-firing, 'stealth' rifle
Notably Featured: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Reddington Scattershot
- Benelli tactical coachgun.
In-Game function: powerful single-shot scattergun
Notably Featured: various mediums

Markerhauser 98
- The 'Mauser Kar98'. A bolt-action rifle from Germany.
In-Game function: slow-firing, accurate rifle
Notably Featured: Various WWII timed mediums

D36c Reaper
- Weapon source unnamed. A visual modification 'H&K G36'.
In-Game function: light assault rifle
Notably Featured: 'Doom' movie

AMG30
- Weapon source unnamed. A visually modified, pseudo-futuristic 'AKM'.
In-Game function: slow-firing high-stopping-power assault rifle
Notably Featured: 'Elysium' movie

XNRex Rifle
- The fictional 'Cobretti AR-70 Raptor'.
In-Game function: basic assault rifle
Notably Featured: 'Command&Conquer-Renegade'

MX13 Pulverizer
- Weapon source unnamed. The modified, handheld, 'GE M134 Minigun'.
In-Game function: heavy, suppression weapon system
Notably Featured: Movies, 'Predator' & 'Terminator 2'

MagnumOpusBull50
- While visually, actually a 'Taurus Raging Bull model 454', the inclusion is my nod to the 'Smith&Wesson model29'.
In-Game function: slow-firing, powerful sidearm
Notably Featured: 'Dirty Harry' films

Gleicker21
- The 'Glock21'. Commonly depicted in various mediums as a choice sidearms by light security details and law enforcement personnel.
In-Game function: weak, accurate, light sidearm

HocklerMach
- The 'Heckler&Koch USP MATCH'.
In-Game function: fast firing standard sidearm
Notably Featured: Films 'Underlworld' & 'Tomb Raider'

Hockler45
- The 'H&K USP45'.
In-Game function: standard sidearm
Notably Featured: videogame 'Counter-Strike'

Mortina-II AR
- The 'Morita MK-I' rifle. A visual modification/combination of the Ruger Mini-14, AC-556 rifles with the Ithaca 37.
Notably Featured: movie 'Starship Troopers'

RoboKon MP93
- The 'Auto 9' pistol. A visual modification of 'Beretta 93R'
In-Game function: rapid-fire sidearm
Notably Featured: movie 'Robocop'

Camron-41A
- The iconic 'M41A Pulse Rifle', a visualy modified-combined M1Thompson SMG and 'Franchi SPAS-12' shotgun.
In-Game function: rapid-fire, weak assault rifle.
Notably Featured: 'Aliens' movie

Dangerer.44
- Derringer. Commonly depicted in in various mediums, more as an assasination tool, than a self-defense weapon.
In-Game function: blast-shot, close-range-effective sidearm

Commando-202
- The 'M202A1 Flash'.
In-Game function: full-auto, long range rocket launcher
Notably Featured: film 'Commando'

OBLI LR
- Weapon source unnamed. A visualy modified 'Bushmaster ACR'.
In-Game function: long-range-capable assault rifle
Notably Featured: film 'Oblivion'

Roguevolver.38
- The 'Moses Brothers Self-Defense Engine Frontier Model B' is a modified 'Taurus model 85'.
In-game function: slow, accurate, sidearm
Notably Featured: TV series 'Firefly'

Broomhilden
- The 'Mauser C96'. A semi-automatic sidearm from Germany.
In-Game function: light, quick, weak sidearm
Notably Featured: various medium

Cyhunt DKR
- The 'LAPD 2019' or 'Deckard's gun'. A visually modified/combined parts from 'Steyr-Mannlicher Model SL rifle' and a 'Charter Arms Bulldog' revolver.
In-Game function: heavy, slow, powerful sidearm
Notably Featured: film 'Blade Runner'

Harry High-Powered Space Rifle
- The 'Callahan Fullbore Autolock' or 'Vera'. Is actually a modified 'Izhmash Saiga-12' shotgun.
In-Game function: slow-firing rifle.
Notably Featured: TV series 'Firefly'

Ye Holy Grenade
- A Reading from the Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:
Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

In-Game function: OP grenade
Notably Featured: film 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail'

Miner's Crafted TNT
- A blocky TNT.
In-Game function: more powerful, remote-detonated explosive device
Notably Featured: videogame 'Minecraft'

Remton Sugar-1187
- A short-barelled, 'silenced' Remington 1187.
In-Game function: silenced, semi-auto shotgun
Notably Featured: from film 'No Country for Old Men'

Law9 Mk-II
- The 'Lawgiver'. A visually modified Glock17.
In-Game function: Fully automatic primary sidearm
Notably Featured: movie 'Dredd'

Stick Grenade
- The 'Model 24' stick grenade. Standard issue to the German army until the end of WWII.
In-Game function: light, high-damage grenade.
Notably Featured: various mediums, often in portraying WWII

Scaramagnus Gold

- Fictional weapon known as 'The Golden Gun'.
In-Game function: very powerful, very pricey sidearm
Notably Featured: introduced in movie 'The Man with the Golden Gun'

Nekt10
- Weapon source unnamed. Visually modified 'Mac11'.
In-Game function: fully automatic sidearm
Notably Featured: 'Blade' films

Bineri 12-gauge (sawed-off)
- The sawed-off 'Rossi Overland'.
In-Game function: two-round, close-quarters 'hand-cannon'
Notably Featured: movie 'Desperado'

Latest additions & changes;

AVA Carb-221
- Named 'GS-221 Base Carbine'. Visually modified 'Ruger Mini-14'.
Notably Featured: Film 'Avatar'

[16/1/2015]
I don't know if it's just me and my friend's case, or if it's for everyone, but apparently, there's a glitch where, accessing the armory, selecting an item results in the game giving you two at a time. Also, some of the other items are now, unintentionally, missing. I discovered that this occurs once i've reached a certain number of items in the item management(can't pinpoint it yet, but as long as i'm below the 45 count, it works okay)

So yep, the big change is, I removed most of the faction specific weapons, and most of the miscellaneous items to 'fix' this.

Made another big pass on each weapon, modifying their 'damage' stats (just learned how the 'kill_decay' works). Since I've removed the default weapons, I think it's now even more imperative (to the 'default' mod at least) to create a more balanced roster.

Also, now got around changing each faction's looks, each to represent a proper military stereotype. Green ones are PMC-ish, grays are typical full covered, "children's cartoon" level of bad guys, and the browns are your typical, modern soldiery soldiers.

And, added another assault rifle into the roster. :)

FUDGE! forgot this one. Also retweaked the xp and rp requirements, and item weight stats.

[14/1/2015]
Mek10 now back, and changed. Now called 'Nekt10', this is based on the main protagonist's fictionally modded main weapon...from the film 'Blade'.

Freshly added gun is the 'Bineri 12-gauge'. A two-round, short ranged short coachgun. Based on the sawed-off 'Rossi Overland' shotgun. Featured in films 'The Untouchables', and more notably 'Desperado'.

Also, tweaked most of the AR's (most notably, the Mortina-II), since I found their actual stats didn't match with their higher rank/rp requirements.

I also, made a bit of tweak for the HolyHandGrenade and the stick grenade to further emphasize their difference to the typical grenades. The holyhandgrenade has further increased timer, since average grenade timer makes it's high radius explosion starts to veer to 'too unfair' scale. The stick grenade, I decrease it's explosive radius and increased it's 'rp' a bit, then increased it's throw range to emphasize it as a longer-ranged, but weaker counterpart to the other grenades.

Oh! and, I made significant change to the 'XNRaptor', changed the name to 'Camron-41A' since I feel this is a bit more close reference to the source material. And buffed it out a bit, increasing both it's accuracy and kill chance a little to justify it's rp and xp requirements.

[13/1/2015]
As for general changes, I now opt in all pistols using the 'C&C Renegade' style-'full-auto but with slower rate of fire' approach than the usual 'CoD' style-'semi auto, quick refire rate'...did this for two things;
First, given the unique damage mechanic of RWR, I want to keep the pistol useful enough(via, being accurate and decent damage output), but not enough to overpower the bigger guns, I already nerfed their projectile speeds, but it seems this weakness could easily be rectified with a player with a very quick finger.
Second, the reason why I then opt for a 'full-auto' function as oppossed to 'single-click, single-fire' function, is that the former both feels kinaesthetically better/comfortable since you're only holding the fire button, looks better in animation(as opposed to the semi-auto clickfest that makes the soldier look like it's spazzing out), and further properly formalizes/reinforce each pistol's rate of fire.

Mek10 is now replaced with the Law9, but don't fret, didn't mean the Mek10's gone, just out of the armory in the meantime.

Another thing, 'rebranded' the whole mod, as to make itself clear for anyone interested. Changed titles and the mods' folder names. So for those who already got the 'earlier versions' of my mod, please delete those, so as to lessen the clutter in your end.

Anyway, for anyone taking a peek in the weapon models and wanting to use it for their own mod, I say this here and now; YOU MAY USE IT! In fact, that's what I'd probably do here in RWR anyway, having fun making crapton of gun models. The editor is so much fun to use. :D(please though, don't forget to note me. Not a mandatory thing, but I'd appreciate it)

Attachments:
File comment: screenshot [cropped]
rwrczmd.png
rwrczmd.png [ 409.39 KiB | Viewed 16575 times ]
File comment: The mod file [zipped]
RWRCmod.zip [1.47 MiB]
Downloaded 1729 times

Last edited by Noobmodmaker0808 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:44 am 

Added one new gun, major change two of them. And found a way to rearrange them, to be placed first before the default weapons, so as to not get lost on further left.

For anyone who already got the previous iteration of this mod, I recommend you delete those first before you place this, as these are, again, renamed(shortened their names a bit more, just felt the need to do it).

For further info regarding my mod, there's a note included in the zip file together with the folders, and there's also a readme file inside each mod folders.

Attachments:
File comment: changed the previously named 'xnraptor'(now named as the 'Camron-41A') model, to further match it's source.
001.jpg
001.jpg [ 61.45 KiB | Viewed 16636 times ]
File comment: The (almost) finished part. (I later extended the front a little bit, just by two pixels actually)
002.jpg
002.jpg [ 72.95 KiB | Viewed 16636 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:47 am 

Finally went out and did it. Removed almost all of the default, faction-specific weapons, with the exception of explosives and some emplacements. Did it because of some minor bug that tends to screw up the item management in the armory a bit. Seems keeping it under some untold limit(estimated 45-50 at a time) would prevent the bug from occurring. Maybe it's just on my instance, but 'fixed' this just to be sure...

Also, added another gun, did another pass on every weapon('damage' tweaks) and made a change for each factions' looks.

Attachments:
File comment: model screenshot
rwrmvss.png
rwrmvss.png [ 112.85 KiB | Viewed 16574 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:17 pm 

I love the mod. But I can't use it with the new steam version. It launches but after a few minutes it crashes. Please update?