It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:57 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 54

All times are UTC

Post subject: [0.97] Swords and Roses
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:47 am 

SWORDS AND ROSES

Alright, the first melee-centric mod is out! Lots of people running around with swords wanting to slice the unfortunate character you're controlling.

The mod includes two basic factions, the Red Roses and the White Roses. Each faction is armed with the same weapons, a Heater Shield, a Short Sword, a Long Sword, a Long Bow, and a Crossbow.

The Heater Shield is your life blood when you're wearing armor. Due to the large speed debuffs when wearing armor, the Heater Shield is something you'll need on the battlefield to avoid being shot.

The Short Sword is your most basic melee weapon. It's got a rather short range, as the name implies, but a fast swing rate. Use it to hack heavily-armed opponents apart!

The Long Sword is the Short Sword's much longer brother. Being nearly the size of a man, it's got a very large reach. The weight of it means that the user will be slowed down somewhat, so use it in conjunction with the Heater Shield to close the distance and hack lightly armored targets to bits!

The Long Bow is the standard ranged weapon. It has a respectable rate of fire, so keep out of sight when going up against a Long Bowman or use your Shield to close the distance.
(note - the Long Bow has a magazine capacity to get around a bug with having a -1 magazine capacity with a reload, so just reload the bow when it runs out. It's a quick animation that shouldn't take long)

The Crossbow is a very powerful, albeit short-ranged weapon. This is guaranteed to kill the target if hit, although you must go into a rather uncomfortable distance to your target to be able to take advantage of the short range. It must be reloaded after each shot, so make them count!

As time goes on, I'll add more content. Pikes, Axes, more and refined animation and armor are on the table, but feel free to suggest your own and maybe I'll add it. ;) Enjoy the mod!

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/?7imx3wboo8uioo3

Spoiler:
Some of the new Bow animations!
A large night raid, take up with swords and shields!

Last edited by The Soldier on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:23 am 

Updated the mod, it's much more proper now with a complete set of weapons and skins for both factions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:39 am 

Updated the mod for 0.97.

https://www.mediafire.com/?7imx3wboo8uioo3

Last edited by The Soldier on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm 

Tried this mod out because i'm a huge medieval fan and I loved it! I saw no one else was posting so just wanted to let you know keep it up!
lil_misfit :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:09 pm 

Many thanks, lil misfit. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:12 pm 

You're welcome! What are you planning on adding to this in the future?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:13 pm 

Some special weapons, including some primitive grenades, repeating crossbows, Pikes, maybe a third faction (for the fun of it, it'll be a very punny faction).

Anyways, if you have any ideas, feel free to throw them at me. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:25 pm 

Okay, one thing I discovered while playing was that when any faction puts on light or heavy armor it makes them look like the red roses. Example: I was white rose and put the light armor on and my arms turned red. So during heavy battles its confusing telling who is who when they have armor. Do you plan on making a map for this mod like a castle?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:36 pm 

Hm, thought I made sure of that bug. Anyways, fixed! Just re-download the mod from the OP.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:05 pm 

Thanks for fixing it now the battles run "smoother".