It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:48 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 40 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 34

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:39 pm 

What does this mod do?
It contains reworked images for nearly all the minimap & chat symbols (e.g.: playermarkers, vehicle icons, icons for stashes and armories, head icons in chat, ...)

! Not suited for RWR 0.99.1 or higher. You can still use it, but then you have to live with some missing symbols, which were added in the new versions. !

Just show me some pictures, that's what I want to see, man!
(Screenshots are slightly outdated)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Changelog
- 1.0: initial release
- 2.0: added chat icons and the picture "mapview_comms_marker" (= map exit symbol and an unused flag maker)
- 2.1: added most of the new icons which came with RWR 0.98; new teamchat icon; new player icon; added a small explanation for position markers on the noteblock shown with the minimap (currently works only at the loppy map); slightly tweaked some other images
- 2.1.1: Hotfix; added forgotten image; corrected spelling mistake of a file name; added the box icon for 0.98.4

Installation guide
1. Save the zip folder from the attachment to your computer.
2. Extract the folder and open it.
3. Now, navigate to your Running with Rifles directory and find the "textures" folder ([...]\Steam\SteamApps\common\RunningWithRifles\media\packages\vanilla\textures).
4. Copy all the images (or only the ones you like) from the mod's "textures" folder and paste them into RWR's "textures" folder. Make a backup if you want and then overwrite.
5. Enjoy the mod!

That wasn't so hard, was it? Of course I could have done an overlay mod, but I was too lazy to look up how this works. :P
Maybe I will do little changes to some icons/add new icons in the future or try to transform the mod into an overlay one. But for now this should be enough.

Attachments:
RWR Alternative Icons (Ver. 2.1.1).zip [1.72 MiB]
Downloaded 743 times

Last edited by Tummerhore on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:59 pm 

that looks very cool, good job :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:24 am 

Hey, I'm glad you like it. :) It's always nice to have some feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:15 pm 

annnnndddd yoink.

ComJak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:29 pm 

Great cosmetic change, Tummerhore.

This should be considered as part of vanilla, maybe with a few small tweaks.

I'd like to see some way to indicate spawn points more clearly:
1) to teach noobs where they can spawn in.
2) to show that the spawn truck is a SPAWN TRUCK.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:01 pm 

Thanks gimmic! In my opinion, spawn point indication is fine. Maybe the spawn points could grow a little bit by mouse-over to show that you can click on them. And a spawn point is also placed on vehicles like the spawn truck (regarding your 2. suggestion). But that's something I'm honestly not very happy with. In the second image (northeast of the isle) you can see what I mean, it just doesn't look so nice. Therefore I would remove these spawn indicators and make the spawn vehicles clickable instead. (They could get the yellow spawn color to make it clearer.) But acually, this should rather be suggested in the suggestion category than here... ;)

BTW: Small update to the mod is incoming!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:33 pm 

Did take a bit longer than expected, but the mod is updated now. I hope you like the new icons.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:11 pm 

Updated the mod with quite a bunch of changes: new 0.98 icons and some redesigns for older symbols. Unfortunately, I don't know why the changes to "mapview_frame" (some explaning notes on the notepad) are only shown at the lobby. :( Would be great if someone could tell me how to fix this.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:34 pm 

Tummerhore wrote:
Updated the mod with quite a bunch of changes: new 0.98 icons and some redesigns for older symbols. Unfortunately, I don't know why the changes to "mapview_frame" (some explaning notes on the notepad) are only shown at the lobby. :( Would be great if someone could tell me how to fix this.

every map has his own mapview_frame.png in the respective map folder.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:49 pm 

Thanks Jack. Tomorrow, I will look into this and fix some bugs I've just noticed (along adding another icon for the newest patch 0.98.4).

Edit: Hotfix is finished and uploaded. But I decided not to include the mapview frame for all the other maps, because I find it kind of unnecessary to include nearly the same image 11 times or so... And you guys also would have to sort all these images into their appropriate map folder then.