It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:22 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 47 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 134

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:34 pm 

Woops. :P Sorry, I'll fix that ASAP.

EDIT:
And done.

EDIT2:
OK, there's something wrong with the MP40 projectile. I'll upload a fixed version.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:11 pm 

The balance is much better now. I also really like the new soldier models and weapon sounds. The halftrack is really cool, and it's got me really excited to someday see the Omaha map with Higgins boats and maybe some static ships offshore.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:06 am 

Thanks! :)

And indeed, I worked a bit on the balance, although all that previous work is down the drain. :/ Nonetheless, harr_work's previous mod is really useful - already has those LCVPs and the German SdKfz 232, which will hopefully be in-game soon.

EDIT:
And as a public service announcement, the name is going to stay as Running with Hedgerows. :P Yea, lots of different names I tried. After watching ComJak's video, might as well stick to my guns and keep the original name.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:44 am 

Master Blaster wrote:
The balance is much better now. I also really like the new soldier models and weapon sounds. The halftrack is really cool, and it's got me really excited to someday see the Omaha map with Higgins boats and maybe some static ships offshore.

It's funny that you mention this... Here's an image of my work thus far:
Spoiler:

Running with Rifles doesn't like me.

Also:
Spoiler:
[22:16:19] <harr_> somebody tell thesoldier that the boat i made is NOT AN LCVP GODDAMNIT, IT'S AN LCA, THEY'RE NOT THE SAAAAAAAMMMMMMEEE

EDIT:
Master Blaster wrote:
maybe some static ships offshore.

There is no battleship static model... But I think this works too. ;)
Spoiler:
Image/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:51 am 

Well, the LCA was used mainly by the British, and this is for the Americans. :P Yes, a few divisions used the LCA for the Americans, but I feel like there isn't enough to justify the use of it. I'll use it nonetheless though, since it's what I've got at hand.

Nice work on the map so far. :D Can't tell much, but all the more tense!

LOL, an aircraft carrier. XD I could go with an aircraft carrier, but I'm going for historical accuracy to an extent. And nothing of the likes of an Aircraft carrier participated at D-Day, so yea. :/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:11 am 

The first image is running with rifles putting my objects out of the map for some reason, even after I redid the map and avoided doing what Pasik and Jack said to not do.

The Aircraft carrier will be the spawn for the the attacking side, as I said there's no other ship model. I could, given the proper model, change it. :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:23 am 

Sorry, I kind of jump from game to game every now and then. Moved away from RwR for a while. And I'm hopefully back. :)

EDIT:
OK, I've run into a rather large roadblock. The .mesh exporter that I'm using the Milkshape seems to be outdated, and my .mesh files are now giving me errors, even though they worked fine just before. This is VERY frustrating for me, and I can't fix it nor find a way around it, since I don't have my original models anymore. Any help would be much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:25 pm 

This may be a stupid question, but are you getting logs that say something along the lines of "this .mesh is out of date, please update it?" Is it actually stopping the mod from loading? I thought I had an issue with that when my mod would crash and the only thing out of place in the log was the models, but it turned out to be something else. If it is the models, you can try the ogre mesh upgrader found in one of the ogre tools svns.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:32 am 

Yes, in fact. Same error you mentioned. I'll try both, thanks!

The odd thing is, the mod was working just fine. Then one day I started it up without modifying anything and it just throws me this. :P

EDIT:
And it's not working. It still crashes-I've tried both your suggestions

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:33 am 

Alright, as I promised, I uploaded the 1.5 version of the mod. It's rebalanced for .93 RWR, but I had to remove some stuff because I couldn't get it working, the pistols mainly. The OP has the new download, but the info isn't correct yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next