It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:27 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 39

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:03 am 

Well, one thing for sure is if the M1 had the spread range of .3 and a slower recoil-dispersion rate, so spamming it would result in a buildup of inaccuracy it could offset it's higher fire rate. Balancing weapons CAN indeed be a pain in the butt. It's part of the reason I had stopped working on my RRM mod for awhile, simply fudged the balance and got tired messing with it for awhile - and then a whole bunch of game patches came out. xD

One of my buddies is trying to make a balance mod that makes every weapon both unique, and useful/balanced (with the rares being a bit better, and balanced with one another) - imagine how much of a nightmare that is, haha!

EDIT: on an unrelated note, do you play Men of War? Was browsing the MoW:AS2 forum and saw someone with the same alias as you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:04 pm 

Yup. That'd be me.

OK, due to some stuff happening outside in my real life, I've got to put this mod on hold for a while, maybe a few weeks. I'll give what I've got now and restart work on it when I'm done.

EDIT:
And I've updated the front page with the new stuff. Enjoy it while you can, won't be here for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:04 pm 

If I knew how to do a spoiler, I'd do that. :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:34 pm 

And there's the new deployable MG42 Lafette for the Wehrmacht. :) Can't figure out how to get the thing to pack up and go into inventory, sadly, and right now, the gun itself will blow up but the tripod won't. So I'll have to figure out how to iron that out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:20 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
And there's the new deployable MG42 Lafette for the Wehrmacht. :) Can't figure out how to get the thing to pack up and go into inventory, sadly, and right now, the gun itself will blow up but the tripod won't. So I'll have to figure out how to iron that out.

Nice. For the tripod staying, did you change the "broken" mesh filename to nothing? And by that I mean the '<visual class="chassis" key="broken" mesh_filename="... ' line in the .vehicle file. That works for my deployable weapons.

Also, how do you zoom in like that?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:29 pm 

Master Blaster wrote:
The Soldier wrote:

Nice. For the tripod staying, did you change the "broken" mesh filename to nothing? And by that I mean the '<visual class="chassis" key="broken" mesh_filename="... ' line in the .vehicle file. That works for my deployable weapons.

Also, how do you zoom in like that?

start the game with the debugmode parameter (not +debugmode) and then with F4 you can fly around, with F5 you can see the collision model boundaries and other informations.

@Soldier: nice MG42! PAcking the stuff together isn't possible (yet).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:50 pm 

Ah, right! I'll make sure to get that in, thanks for that Master! :)

And what Jack said, add "debugmode" (without the quotes) to the end of the shortcut. Make sure you set Voxel size in the options menu to the higest, as the voxels get smaller as you close it. Really nice for fine-tuning weapon positions.

And thanks Jack. I expect that there'll be some way to do it in the next patch. ;)

EDIT:
OK, so the tripod won't show anymore. But there's still the collision box after it's been destroyed. :/ Since this is a deployable weapon, it can be put anywhere, this is going to be a bother. I can always cheat and give it no collision box, but it doesn't really feel right.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:41 am 
Site Admin

The Soldier wrote:
OK, so the tripod won't show anymore. But there's still the collision box after it's been destroyed. :/ Since this is a deployable weapon, it can be put anywhere, this is going to be a bother. I can always cheat and give it no collision box, but it doesn't really feel right.

Hmm, odd. At least the hesco barrier loses its collision model in broken state when there's no broken visual model.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:23 pm 

New mines! :D Working as intended.

Expect a new patch for this with a bunch of content soon, within a few days. Just need to balance the MGs (I've rebalanced everything else) and fine-tune the mines and it'll be out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:04 pm 

And the next version is up! Enjoy it, tons of new stuff! Semi-auto rifles for the Germans, deployable MGs, mines, and more. Nice new splash for the front page as well. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next