It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:06 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 21

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:22 am 

This is a World War 1 mod set in the last stages of the war, as well as the Russian Civil War and Allied intervention.

Here are the factions so far, and their weapons.

France
M1886 Lebel - Bolt action rifle. Has an 8 round magazine, but must be reloaded one at a time.
Scoped Lebel - Sniper version.
Berthier Carbine - Another bolt action rifle.
RSC 1917 - Semi automatic rifle.
M1909 - Light machine gun, must be prone to fire.
Chauchat - Light machine gun that can be fired on the move. Low firing rate and small magazine, though.
Rifle Grenades - Indirect weapon that fires an impact grenade. Practically the same as the m79 from vanilla.
Ruby Pistol - Sidearm. Holds 9 rounds, but not very powerful.

United Kingdom
SMLE - Bolt action rifle with a 10 round magazine.
Scoped SMLE - Sniper variant.
Lewis Gun - Light machine gun with 47 round magazine. Must be prone to fire.
Rifle Grenades - Same as the French.
Webley MK VI - Sidearm. Relatively low power.

German Empire
G98 - Standard bolt action rifle.
Scoped G98 - Sniper.
MG08/15 - "Light" machine gun with a 100 round magazine.
MP18 - Submachine gun.
T-Gewehr - Anti-tank rifle. Must be reloaded for each shot and does less damage than explosives, but makes up for that in range.
Luger P08 - Sidearm. A classic.

United States of America
Enfield m1917 - Standard bolt action rifle.
Springfield 1903 - For those wanting something more American.
Scoped 1903 - Sniper.
Lewis Gun - Same as the British.
Browning Automatic Rifle - Light machine gun that can be fired on the move. Like the Chauchat, but good.
M1897 Shotgun - Just a pretty standard pump action shotgun.
M1911 - Sidearm. Most powerful of the pistols, but that doesn't mean much.

White Russians and Bolsheviks
Mosin-Nagant - Standard bolt action rifle.
Madsen Machine Gun - Light machine gun
Nagant 1895 - Revolver that holds 7 rounds.
Avtomat Fedorova - Automatic rifle with 25 round magazine.

Vehicles
Spoiler:
Water-cooled machine gun: This is your standard stationary machine gun, meant to fill the role of the Vickers/MG08/M1917.

Staff Car: Pretty much the same as the jeep from the regular game. Get where you're going in style!

Rolls-Royce Armoured Car: An armoured car with a machine gun turret, and room for an extra passenger.

Mark V Tank: Has a cannon mounted on each side with a 90 degree firing arc, as well as a forward facing machine gun. Note: driver enters from the front, machine gunner from the back.

Renault FT: Small and faster than other tanks, but only armed with a main gun.

White Armoured Car: French and American armoured car.

A7V: German tank. Large number of machine guns with all angles covered, but the main gun has a small firing angle.

Ehrhardt E-V/4: Large German armoured car.

Austin-Putilov: Russian armoured car with two machine gun turrets.

Garford-Putilov: Russian armoured truck with a cannon mounted on the back, as well as two machine gun turrets. Quite slow.

Transport Truck: Slow but sturdy. Acts as a spawn point.

Carrier Pigeon Bus: Runners and carrier pigeons were relied on heavily in WWI. City buses were converted into pigeon lofts, ensuring a mobile supply of the birds. These act as your radar trucks.

River Boat: Small boat that can carry 8 men.

Gun Boat: Armed with a deck gun and machine gun.

screenshots
Spoiler:

Older screenshots

Now, this mod is still a work in progress. If anyone notices any problems with balance or historical accuracy, please post about them.

Installing: just extract the .rar and drop it in the RunngingWithRifles\media\overlays folder.

Download link.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3kvb3jm1dacbndi/Running+in+the+Trenches110.rar

changelog:
Spoiler:
Online works
Added decorative civilian vehicles
Added AI minibosses
Changed sandbags model
Slight changes to most soldier models

Added period appropriate loot items
LMGs made more accurate
A7V model touched up
Chat icons added
Machine Gun FT removed

Added the Garford-Putilov armoured car
Rollys Royce Armoured Car, transport truck, and the barrier item have new models
Deployable machine guns

Finally updated the damn thing
Changed rifle grenades to primary weapons
Added animation for tank tracks
Added assorted new soldier animations
British, French, and Germans, and Americans now have body armour models

2.01:
Fixed A7V texture crash
Fixed USA not having a gunboat spawn

New in version 2:
Weapon rebalance
Five new faction specific vehicles
Four new weapons
Two new boats
New factions: White Russians and Bolsheviks

New in version 1.1:
New map and HUD icons
Pigeon carrier bus
Rebalanced rifle accuracy
Pistols
Fixed some visual and collision errors with the staff car

Last edited by Master Blaster on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 10 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:08 am 

..bravoo. I will raise the hat to you :DD good job even thought its not done yet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:15 pm 

Everything looks great! I'm especially liking the new vehicle models. The tank cannons are a bit op, because there every tank gets two of them. I assume later releases will have more unique weapon stats and sounds, so I don't have much other feedback to give. As for suggestions, I think this mod could use some melee weapons. A saber would be a nice, historically accurate addition. All in all, this mod looks like it has a lot of potential. I'm really looking forward to see how it turns out.

edit: also, pistols would be a cool addition.

[0.92] Worldwar v2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:19 pm 

yes the pistols are good idea. You could ask from fuggets if he would contribute basic assets for pistols if needed. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:21 am 

Ah, I've been waiting for something like this. :) Excellent!

By the way, do you happen to have Company of Heroes and know The Great War 1918 mod for it? Same name, I've asking because I'm a dev for it. :)

EDIT:
From what I can see, rifles seem to be terribly accurate right now. Maybe you can reduce some accuracy to make battles last just a bit longer.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:45 am 

Lol ^, BWC is your biggest fan :P

ComJak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:00 am 

The Soldier wrote:
Ah, I've been waiting for something like this. :) Excellent!

By the way, do you happen to have Company of Heroes and know The Great War 1918 mod for it? Same name, I've asking because I'm a dev for it. :)

EDIT:
From what I can see, rifles seem to be terribly accurate right now. Maybe you can reduce some accuracy to make battles last just a bit longer.

Aw geez. Yeah, I downloaded it the day it came out, and the icon is staring at me from my desktop. :oops: The name was just a last minute thing before uploading and I didn't even realize it was the same. I wanted it to include "Running With" in the name, but I gave up and went with this for now. I'll try to have something new when I update it. Great mod, by the way. It's nice to see the WWI setting getting some games that aren't flight sims or grand strategy.

As for rifle accuracy, yeah, it's pretty high. I'll work on toning it down and see how it goes.

MrNuckFuggets wrote:
Everything looks great! I'm especially liking the new vehicle models. The tank cannons are a bit op, because there every tank gets two of them. I assume later releases will have more unique weapon stats and sounds, so I don't have much other feedback to give. As for suggestions, I think this mod could use some melee weapons. A saber would be a nice, historically accurate addition. All in all, this mod looks like it has a lot of potential. I'm really looking forward to see how it turns out.

edit: also, pistols would be a cool addition.

The idea I've got with the British heavy tanks is that they've got a ton of firepower, but need support so they don't get surrounded. I didn't include rear and side machine guns so they're really vulnerable from the rear, and they're slower so it's hard for them to avoid grenades. I don't want to decrease their speed too much because it would end up a pain to travel across the map. I'll work on the gun stats, though, and try to find some new sounds.

Pistols are a good idea and would help a bit with the UK and any other factions that don't really have close combat weapons, but I haven't looked into how to implement them. I think most infantry officers stopped carrying swords in the field by 1918, but I'll probably try including them just for fun.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:55 am 

OK, seems as if the Germans get three different Hand Grenades in the Armory. All of them are the same.

Oh, how about Running in Trenches? Seems fitting. or Running with Baynets - every rifle has one attached to the front of it. And the name is fine by me, if you wish to keep it. With the proper melee animation (although it would have to be a generic rifle, and would be odd with anything other than a rifle), you can get them to go stabby-stabby with it. :)

EDIT:
And stopped carrying swords? Might I introduce you to Jack Churchill. He carried a freaking Scottish Claymore into battle. And that, my friend, is WWII, not WWI. ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _sword.jpg

"Any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:36 am 

jack carries the claymore of doom :D no wonder germany losed WW2

shortly the pistol process:
pistols are implemented same way as all guns,, as a secondary and some other things like animations and the basic things of course, althought pistol might not be bug free because there arent any official pistol animations existing, thats what i noticed when implemented and tested with my mod :D, try to understand at least something from this post.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:08 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
OK, seems as if the Germans get three different Hand Grenades in the Armory. All of them are the same.

Oh, how about Running in Trenches? Seems fitting. or Running with Baynets - every rifle has one attached to the front of it. And the name is fine by me, if you wish to keep it. With the proper melee animation (although it would have to be a generic rifle, and would be odd with anything other than a rifle), you can get them to go stabby-stabby with it. :)

EDIT:
And stopped carrying swords? Might I introduce you to Jack Churchill. He carried a freaking Scottish Claymore into battle. And that, my friend, is WWII, not WWI. ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _sword.jpg

"Any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed."

The grenade bug seems to have been from the rifle grenades using the standard hand grenade, and has been fixed for the next version. Speaking of which, how do you guys feel about rifle grenades? I want to include them, but I could just make them into the "explode on contact" type if the timed grenades are too difficult to use. Ideally I would have them firing in an arc, but I don't think that's possible in the current version.

I'm definitely going to work on making a generic "rifle with bayonet" model and stabbing animation.

And hey, I'm incredibly interested in WWI era swords and bayonets, and could name some times where they were put to good use. And I did say "most," not "all." ;)

As for pistols, I'll take a look into them and see if I can work something out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next