It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:49 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 57 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 149

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:00 am 

Ahaha. I actually went and did the hud pics for myself. It'll be in the new version which will be up in a while.

NICE. So the callouts are in the projectiles! That's pretty much what I needed. Too late to make it right now tho.

As of now, the download link has been updated with the new version. First post also updated.

Hmmm. What if we made a new projectile based on the bullet, say, a Machine Gun projectile. Then we give it callouts so that if a unit is fired upon by a machine gun using that projectile, he'll yell out "MACHINE GUN! GET DOWN!"

I'mma experiment on that.

EDIT: Oops. Wrote mortar.projectile instead of mortar_shell.projectile in the pnv3sc.xml which will cause the game to crash. re-uploading a fixed version now.

DAY ONE: A KILLZONE modification for RUNNING WITH RIFLES

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:48 am 

now im bored :/ :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:55 am 

I is very sorry. :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:28 pm 

:D for some reason i knew you would say that :). btw. you could ask comjak to make a preview from this mod if you want to. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:02 pm 

That'd be awesome.

Offtopic, here's another mod I'm helping my brother finish.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee27 ... fb33ca.png

ARMA2 players might find these very familiar.

Back on topic, I've been experimenting with adding new projectiles and giving them effects. Ended up making a rifle_grenade.projectile for the M327 GL and putting a smoke trail (like the rockets) on it to easily identify where the grenades are coming from. It looks like you're firing tear gas grenades, but hopefully, this'll keep it from becoming a spam gun in online games.

Oh, and the Pnv-3 gets a bright tracer. Same reason.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:07 pm 

ye, when youre making that grenade launcher projectile and you set it to detonate from impact, itll work when firing from a gun but when throwing it blows to your hand (game supports one kind of grenade class, should be fixed on next update). just saying :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:14 pm 

If you find some problems in Grenade Launcher creation, use the code joneau and I made and adjust it to your liking.
It's on the "ZnasVecKo's Mods" thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:21 pm 

Huh, it works fine for me. I just changed slot=0 in rifle_grenade.projectile to slot=1 and i've still got normal hand grenades. the delayed fuse of the rifle grenades is intentional tho I did shorten the time from 3 seconds to 1.5.

EDIT: did some testing and apparently, time_to_live does not affect grenade fuse. :(

Last edited by sevensixtytwo on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:29 pm 

That did nothing to decrease fuse time. And if you did have a set fuse time the grenade would not do anything most of the time. What you did decreases how far the grenades can travel.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:45 pm 

You're right. It's quite misleading since it's on the same line as trigger="time"

Oh well, handling a grenade launcher with delayed fuse nades that you can bounce around corners should take some skill. TF2 demoman comes to mind.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next