It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:19 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 41 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 28

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:45 pm 

martrios wrote:
i am kinda to new to modding this game. How do i install this amazing looking mod i tryed sticking all the files in the overlay folder but that made my game crash thanks for the help in advance

Have you seen when the last post on this mod was made? April 2013. Of course it's going to crash, it hasn't been updated in more than two years. :P

Damnit, it's good that you're using the search function, but knowing when something is worth it is the next step.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:27 am 

The Soldier wrote:
martrios wrote:
i am kinda to new to modding this game. How do i install this amazing looking mod i tryed sticking all the files in the overlay folder but that made my game crash thanks for the help in advance

Have you seen when the last post on this mod was made? April 2013. Of course it's going to crash, it hasn't been updated in more than two years. :P

Damnit, it's good that you're using the search function, but knowing when something is worth it is the next step.

I came to the same conclusion but liked the mod enough to start fixing it. This game has really easy to understand coding: I have no real programming experience, only what i learned from working with linux commands and scripts. Tinkering with the game's xml files is quite easy when you realize how it all sticks together.

What works so far:
-Game does not crash anymore
-Weapons are fully operational
-Most soldier models are working

What needs work:
-It seems the soldier models change back to old style when they are knocked of their feet
-Some soldiers models are still from vanilla RwR
-Some soldier models are still their old style

I will post the current version when i have the time and will fix it as much as possible in the coming days. There will be no changes beyond repairs.

Tatzelman wrote:
Now some thoughts concerning the weapons, I don´t want to overload the mod, so the plan is to have for each faction:
two different assault rifles (one more deadly, the other more accurate)
two different shotguns (more rounds or semiauto)
two different MGs (shootable crouched or more deadly)
two different SMGs (good rate of fire or suppressed)
two different Sniper Rifles (semiauto or high powered + better scope)

My ideas to the above:
-Automatic shotguns, less accurate but higher rof
-Suppressed and unsuppressed SMG, with the latter being less powerful.
-Semi auto rifles while decreasing rof current sniper rifles to more realistic values: Currently sniper rifles have a retrigger_time="1.0", corresponding to 60 rpm while the M24a2 has a real world rof of 20rpm(retrigger_time="3.0") and the Dragunov comes in at 30rpm(retrigger_time="2.0"). The semi auto assault rifles will use the standard sight range modifier.

Tatzelman, I'm not sure if you are still active here but are you still planning on working on the mod? I already added some semi-auto rifles with borrowed sounds, textures and models to the mod for private use. I wouldn't mind working on it further and posting updates but i am not doing this without you permission. Also, i have no experience in the audio-visual department.