It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:10 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 49 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 98

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:31 pm 

Backstory:
Spoiler:
No matter how many times Hell invaded the Earth, its forces were repelled every single time. In the Phobos Anomaly, Hell on Earth, TNT and Plutonia incidents, there was always the one marine who could survive where other could not, wipe out entire legions of demons and stop entire invasions dead in their tracks.

However, not even the marine was spared from the greatest enemy of all, time. Despite breaking two more sieges to Earth when old enough to be a grandfather to everyone else in the marine corps, he eventually died of old age, and on the same day, Hell attacked the blue planet once more. Without its protector, humanity fell in less than a week. The invaders from Hell left shortly afterwards, leaving behind the remnats of an extinct civilisation..

..and hordes of zombies. Former humans possesed by evil spirits, these mutants were abandoned on the planet when they lost their purpose for the overlords of hell. At first, the zombies tried to cooperate, but soon religious disputes arised - the Sergeant clan used the stealthy Way Of The Shotgun, while the Commandos worshipped the brute force Way Of The Chaingun. Soon, religious disputes turned into skirmishes, which in turn became a full blown war. The religious ways were quickly abandoned as every zombie grabbed the nearest weapon. The last war humanity would ever participate in began..

This mod brings the Doom universe into Running with Rifles, featuring two classic enemies of Doom (Former Commandos and Former Sergeants) warring with an assortment of original Doom weapons, including the rocket launcher, plasma gun and even the mighty BFG-9000. Characteristics of the weapons were kept more or less similar to the originals while trying to keep each weapon unique; the mod makes the gameplay somewhat more "run 'n' gun" based than vanilla RwR is.

The mod is an overlay as it lacks its own maps, default RwR maps seem to fit it pretty well, though.

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54710394/doomcivilwar.rar

Instructions:
- Unpack into your root RwR folder
- Run the game and turn the mod on in the map change screen.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Weapon descriptions:
Spoiler:
- Shotgun:
The most versatile weapon in the arsenal of a former human, the shotgun totes good firepower while offering surprisingly long range and high rate of fire.

- Chaingun:
The chaingun combines a large magazine with deadly accuracy to form an effective sniping and suppression weapon. However, it's low firepower can pose a problem in certain situations.

- Super shotgun:
This weapon releases a barrage of blazing death, tearing apart anything in a short distance and making precise aiming rather unnecessary. The huge spread makes it almost useless at longer ranges, and the lengthy reload required after each shot puts the shooter at risk.

- Rocket launcher:
Firing one slow rocket at a time, the rocket launcher is a difficult to use but devastating weapon, especially against groups of enemies. Precise aiming requires some practice - it's recommended to stay still for a moment before shooting to ensure to rocket will not deviate from its inteded path.

- Plasma gun:
The plasma gun fires bolts of blue hot plasma capable of burning anyone to a crisp with a single shot from any distance. Combined with very high rate of fire, the amazing firepower of the plasma gun is offset by the tiny magazine requiring frequent reloads and the low speed of the projectiles, making it possible to dodge out of the way and limiting long range accuracy.

- BFG-9000:
The Big Fucking Gun. No other weapon comes even close to the damage potential this baby has. A single shot will disintegrate everyone and everything not in cover within a wide area. As such, it's best fired at long ranges, where the danger of accidentaly hitting yourself or your teammates is minimal.

Post subject: Re: Doom: Civil War
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:26 am 

wow. nice one

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:58 am 

nice one, the plasma gun effects look awesome :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:57 am 

oh my god
that plasma gun

~ * ~ * G R E Y * ~ * ~ * P R I D E * ~ * ~

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

This is just brilliant! I seriously need to see that BFG in action.. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:39 pm 

Holy shit. They actually look like the original "Doom"-enemies. Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:28 pm 

i have permissions from the creator of this mod (commander keen) to work with mod as hes not around here anymore, would hope one day he comes back. I AM NOT THE CREATOR OF THIS MOD lets just say, a savior? :D

Doom civil war. doom modification for running with rifles
some inspiration from brutal doom mod too.

download link: https://www.mediafire.com/?3ms94cbh19mx8ax

how to install: extract to running with rifles root folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RunningWithRifles (steam)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura\Common\running-with-rifles (Desura)

old thread http://www.modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1003 (download and screenshots there are old but screenshots presents the gameplay pretty well)

everything explained shortly
Spoiler:
2 factions:
Former Commandos
Former Sergeants

weapons list:
shotgun
chaingun
super shotgun
plasma gun
rocket launcher
weird rocket launcher (rare)
BFG-9000 (made rare for bots, buyable from armory)

NOTE:
-BFG is single use weapon on secondary weapon slot.
-apc, tank, humvee, patrol ship deployable MG, tank traps.. all throwables and all radio calls are disabled, radio call has a dummy call to prevent game from crashing. (need better solution)
-accuracy of the weapons isnt a bug then, its configured so it balances the gameplay.

changelog from last version:
-made to work on 0.94 (0.94.1 too)
-rocket launcher has clip of 6
-shotgun reload behaves as usual.
-made BFG not much common weapon at field.
-added rare version of rocket launcher which is, "weird" (shares same textures and everything with the common one)
-colored weapon HUDs

to-do:
empty so far, suggest!

screenshots:
Spoiler:

added this from old thread because shotgun. press picture to get bigger one, my image service screwed it up somehow i guess

bugs: slot where throwable are has that, killstreak hud. gotta figure that somehow. reply to topic if you spot something else!

thank you to:
the creator of this mod, commander keen. as its his work, creation! doom shall live forever to eternity!

i am not taking credits from this as most of work is done by him, thought questions and that to this topic and ill be answering.

pardon me for this layout of the topic, if it isnt pretty, i understand it.

EDIT: added installation instructions

Last edited by joneau on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:14 pm 

Threads merged, due to being of same topic. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:25 pm 

bwc153 wrote:
Threads merged, due to being of same topic. :)

:D ty .thought i wonder how many realizes to download from my link :D