It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:31 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 68 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 248

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:34 pm 

I tried downloading the newer version, yet it didn't work.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:10 pm 

Well, what doesn't work? Could you specify? Any error messages, or does it not show up in the mods menu?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:26 am 

The newer version worked for me, but the mod causes a crash when loading Black Gold Estuary.

"invalid vector<T> subscript" is the error message. I have received the crash on the fresh downloaded version of RWH, and after I removed the vest from the factions.

Also, have you thought about bringing back the Radio Towers? I forgot that it wasn't in, so spent about 15 minutes raiding enemy bases with a BAR and a M1911 trying to find the Radio Tower, only to figure out it isn't in the mod :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Tankhunter on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:34 am 

Hm, thought I tested it on Black Gold Estuary. Guess I'll have to test it again, something may have been added.

And the vest is meant to be there - it allows for a 2-shot will with SMGs (although, for some reason it's broken right now). I wanted a novel way of making medikits and SMGs useful and more common. If you are going to go that route, I'd suggest making SMGs kill instead of wound.

Radtio towers...hm. That reminds me, I think I've forgotten to add in all the other side objectives (if they exist in a quick match), thanks for that. :) I'll add it in the next patch, which should come shortly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:42 am 

I always had to knife downed enemies, the SMG bullets got absorbed by downed guys, at least it seemed to me.
I removed the vest out of personal preference, I find combat to be much scarier without it, although I might just have had bad luck with the MP-40.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:19 am 

Alright, Version 1.9 is out! A complete overhaul of the weapon icons has been done - I'm rather proud of it. :) Also overhauled all the call-ins for all the nations - the US Forces get a Paratrooper drop-in and an airstrike. The Wehrmacht get a light and heavy mortar barrage. The Commonwealth get a heavy mortar barrage as well as a Commando infiltration.

These Commandos are vicious - they come equipped solely with suppressed weapons. Welrods, suppressed Sten Vs, and De Lisle Commando Carbines. Moreover, they infiltrate in, with no sign that they even appeared - until you happen to catch a bullet in your chest, at least. The regular Commonwealth forces also have access to Welrods, for you prospective commandos. The British will also gain access to demo charges later on.

https://www.mediafire.com/?t3y4ic204l83zx1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:56 pm 

Looking pretty good. 8-)

Found a couple of issues though:
The tank turret is a bit misaligned.
Spoiler:

And the garand ping sound saved in stereo causing it to not pan.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:33 am 

Hmm, woops. I vaguely remember updating the code for that - best I move that turret down.

Also, some new goodies for the factions. :) The Commonwealth get access to a rifle grenade launcher now. It's different compared to the US Force's grenade launcher because it gets to fire a regular grenade, forcing your enemies to move or die. The Wehrmacht get a straight-up grenade launcher as primary - although it does have the smallest AoE of all the launchers, so aim carefully!

On to smaller bits, the US Forces get access to Flares now. Be wary and shoot those flares - the AI can spawn out of them (might rebalance that aspect if it gets too OP, though). The British get some Demo Charges in the form of 3 blocks of explosives - capable of taking down just about any vehicle in one go.

https://www.mediafire.com/?ydla9m9b24tfms3

EDIT:
And what do you mean by the Garand ping sound is not saved?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:57 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
And what do you mean by the Garand ping sound is not saved?

They have to be saved in mono else the positioning won't work. If it's in stereo it will play in the centre no matter where the sound originated from.

Converted it for you ;) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qdli4xu943ypfi/garand_ping_mono.wav

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:53 pm 

Ah, many thanks. :) I'll add that next update. In the meantime, if anyone wants it, they can replace it manually.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next